Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Chocolate Oatmeal Bars - NO BAKE






I am really into things that make my life easier. Who isn't though, right? We all want quick, easy and DELICIOUS.




Also healthier. That's a big one for me these days. When I'm craving something sweet, I try to grab something I can feel good about putting in my body. These bars fit the bill.



Super fast. Super easy. Not terrible for you. I like that.




These have great flavor that will leave you satisfied without the guilt.

Recipe:

Stir together 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup + 3 TBSP *maple syrup
1/4 cup + 3 TBSP natural peanut butter

Whisk in 1/2 tsp vanilla & 1/4 tsp salt
Stir in 2 cups oats
1/4 cup cocoa powder

Put parchment paper into an 8x8 pan
Press mixture down into pan
Freeze until firm enough to cut.
Keep in refrigerator.

*I used sugar free syrup. It is 15 calories per half cup versus the 210 calories in regular. Although there is nothing wrong with 100% pure maple syrup, I just wanted to save on some calories.

Makes 16 squares

Nutrition Facts: (per square)

calories: 113.7
fat: 7.7
carbs: 9.4
fiber: 1.8
protein: 3.3


Original recipe taken from chocolatecoveredkatie.com



No comments:

Post a Comment