Tuesday, April 11, 2017

First Week - TOTAL SUCCESS!!

It has been 1 week since I started my "new diet". I hate to call it a diet. But I guess that is essentially what it is. I am cutting out unhealthy foods and I am staying within calories boundries - so technically, it is a diet in my mind. And yes, it is temporary. Because when I reach my goal, I will just need to maintain, so healthy eating for the most part, but still get to splurge now and then. With this "diet" that I'm on right now, I am trying to do very little, if any, cheating until I get to goal. And to be honest, I'm not sure what I want for a goal (number-wise), I just want to consistently lose a pound of fat a week and fit into my old jeans.

I went in for my weigh in this morning. Drum roll please.............

DOWN 4lbs!! 1 whole pound of that was FAT!

When people are on a diet, the initial fat loss can be deceiving. I am kind of "seasoned", if you will, at this so I know that during the first week, when you see a large jump in the numbers (generally over 2 pounds) that most of that will be water. Because you know how it goes, we're really motivated in the beginning, eating less, a lot of us are trying to cut carbs for whatever reason, blah blah blah. And for every gram of carbs we eat, we hold onto 3 grams of water. So when we cut back on carbs, that will be reflected in the scale as water weight. I didn't care so much that the scale went down 4lbs. I DID, however, care that it went down and all, and that the read out showed a fat mass loss of 1 pound! THAT is a HUGE success!! If I can keep this up, I will lose 12lbs of pure fat by July 4th. YESSSSSS!

And I don't have to worry about losing muscle because I have tracked my diet consistently for 7 days and I am getting plenty of protein every day. In fact, yesterday, I was able to get 132g!! I'm hanging on to every ounce of precious muscle I've worked so hard for!

So yeah, it's a GREAT day!!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment