Sunday, April 23, 2017

5 Minute Paleo Zucchini Bread


So my daughter has a passion for cooking and baking. A while back she had a food blog called "Sorry, I'm baking". It was kind of cute, especially considering she was only, like, 8. She recently decided that she wanted to continuing blogging about her cooking. Of course I was eager to help her with 3 things that I really enjoy: baking, blogging and taking photos.

I set up her blog. I helped her come up with a name and a "logo". I even have helped do 90% of the baking for it, and of course, all of the photos. She has sort of lost interest in it since the beginning. Well, maybe it's more of a time issue. Or maybe she would just rather be on Instagram or playing computer games. But my interest still remains. And I love the layout of the blog so I sort of want to keep it going for her. Maybe I'll just take it over one day ;) Because the three blogs and Facebook pages I manage currently aren't enough. :( oy vay.

Anyway, I like to try healthy recipes and post about them when I have good results. Here is the recipe for 5 Minute Paleo Zucchini Bread


Ingredients:
1 cup grated zucchini
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup maple syrup (we were out so I used organic brown rice syrup instead)
*and because the brown rice syrup lacked the sweetness of the maple syrup, I added a nice long squirt of liquid stevia to sweeten it up
3 whole eggs
1 TBSP coconut oil
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper. Do this, because we were out of parchment so I just sprayed my pan. The bottom stuck. Bad news.

Combine all ingredients (except zucchini) into a mixing bowl and mix. Then grate and add zucchini to the bowl and mix into batter with a rubber spatula.

Pour into the parchment lined loaf pan. Bake 1 hour and 5 minutes until golden on top.
*the original recipe called for a 4x5 loaf pan and all I had were regular bread loaf pans, which are more like 9 1/2 x 5 1/2 so I baked it for only 50 minutes. Although I don't think an extra 5 minutes would have hurt.

Nutrition Facts per slice (loaf gets 8 slices total)
calories: 192
fat: 14
carbs: 11.9
fiber: 2.5
sugar: 7.1
protein: 7

Since I modified with brown rice syrup, the nutrients data will be slightly different. Tiny bit more calories, more carbs and less sugar.

And if you are interested in checking out Eden's blog (that's my 14 year old daughter), you can find her HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment