Friday, July 15, 2016

We ALL fall down

One of the things I wish I had more time for was THIS BLOG! I don't understand why it is so impossible for me to sit down and kill 30 minutes typing a post. I guess when you have 3 children and a husband all demanding attention, it's hard to find quiet time to write. Which is why it's almost midnight and I should be sleeping, but the house is quiet and I actually have time to myself. Aren't you the lucky ones ;)

So, this is my vulnerable post. Today, I messed up. In fact, this whole week has been bad. I've gotten off track with my carb cycling. Yeah, I was killin' it, and then......SCREEEEEEECH! It came to a halt. I'm talking, brick wall. And my all or nothing mentality comes creeping back. Well, I had ONE cookie, now my whole day is ruined so I might as well have 3 more. And then when I'm done with that, I'll have that sourdough English muffin I've been drooling over for 3 weeks. Oh, and as long as I'm on a roll, Dairy Queen cheeseburger sounds pretty good too. I hate that!

Really? What....the HELL....is wrong with me?

Answer: I'm human

To be honest, I barely went over my allowed calories for the day but I filled it with crappy food choices.

So now what. It's Friday, and that means I might as well allow myself to mess up the rest of the weekend and start fresh on Monday. Yep, that is what the OLD me would have said. But I am working too damn hard in the gym to mess it up by continuing to eat like I might never see food again. I'll get up and hit reset on my nutrition plan and try again.

Before I went to bed, I did a few minutes of squats just to make sure I ended the day on a positive note. And because everything is cumulative. So there!

I was born to make mistakes, not fake perfection.

Happy weekend y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment