Saturday, April 15, 2017

how many posts about diet fails does it take.....

.....to get to your goal.

A LOT, apparently. haha

I just went back and read some of my previous posts (and actually deleted a few). I am SUCH a nerd! Oh my gosh!

I go through the SAME stuff, over and over and over and over and over and over....

What's the definition of insanity again? Yeah...

I could spend an eternity trying to figure out what the deal is with my fitness/diet obsession but I'll probably never really understand why I am the way I am. I can speculate. I can place blame. But really, I'm just going to call it a passion. I have a passion for the fit life.

Everyone sort of has their niche. Most people have something that they enjoy, that gets them fired up, that they are passionate about. I don't know - mine just seems to be centered around being fit and healthy. I really missed my calling I think. I should have been a dietician, a trainer, a wellness coach, or something along those lines. I love motivating people. Its fun to share what I've learned throughout this journey. I am passionate when I talk about weight lifting and healthy eating, etc. I know what you are going to say, it's never too late. Maybe some day....

As you know, if you are reading my silly little posts, I am currently challenging myself to dig deep. There are a few things I'd like to accomplish and I've been sort of spinning my wheels for a while so it was time to up my game. I am at a healthy weight, I am fit, I certainly don't NEED to be on a diet. I am not promoting being "skinny" (in fact, quite the opposite) or trying to get to an unattainable standard of the "perfect" body. There are just a few body goals that I have had for a very long time that I really feel like I'm ready to try to achieve.

I'm no stranger to this. I start. I fail. I try again. I fail. And again. Fail. That's my story. But the moral that I've learned over all the struggles and fails......I am NOT a quitter.

My goal is not a number on a scale. It's maybe not even a percentage. They say you have to have a clear goal in mind to achieve it. I know in my heart where I want to be. It's not something that any specific number can tell me. But I will know when I get there. And I will share that with you when I arrive.

Be well <3


No comments:

Post a Comment