Friday, September 16, 2016

volleyball


This is Eden's first year playing volleyball. She didn't really want to do it, and I'm not the type of mom that forces their kids to play sports, but this time I really had a part in persuading her to join. I love to watch the games and I figure if I didn't get her to try it now (she's in 8th grade already) she would miss the opportunity forever. In 6th-8th grade anyone can be on a team, but once you hit high school, it's try outs - you either make it or you don't.

Knowing that most of the other girls have been playing since 6th grade or longer, I had figured she would be a bit behind. But she has learned a LOT in the past few weeks and I think she does pretty darn good, considering. One of the things she has trouble with is serving over hand. If you notice, she is quite small (skinny) and probably doesn't have a whole lot of strength. There are some girls who have such a powerful serve and it looks like they don't even really have to try. But for Eden, she needs to put a lot of power behind it, just to make it over the net.

This video was her third game. Up until this point, she has not served over the net. But, I had a feeling about this time. I took out my phone and recorded this....



I was one PROUD mama!! That's my girl! She's not the best on her team, but she tries damn hard and I wouldn't care if she never did make it over the net. But I'm so happy for her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment